Tuesday 27 March 2018

Laki Beach + Five Fingers

Bataan’s Laki Beach + Five Fingers

About the Cove




The cove is situated in Mariveles Bataan. It is known for its long-range white sand and crystal clear water.


How to get there.

We meet again Bataan! My second time in this beautiful province is an escapade at Laki Beach in Mariveles. It’s a 3-4-hour drive from Manila. Since it was an all-inclusive package, we didn’t need to worry about transportation. We started our travel from Greenfield District in Shaw Boulevard and leaving around 2:00am via van. Even though there were 13 people in the vehicle, it still felt roomy and spacious. Most of us slept during the travel since it was still the wee hours of the morning. We arrived at Mariveles bus terminal around 5:30 in the morning. While having our breakfast at Jollibee, the tour coordinator and his staffs went to the wet market to buy supplies that we’ll need on the island. After our meal, we left to port Aplaya where the boats were waiting. While completing the needed registration, some people in our group changed into their beach/swimming apparel since we would be doing island hopping before heading to Laki cove. This cove is where we will be staying for the night. As soon as everything was done, we jumped off in the boat to start our tour.

By Bus

If you are a commuter or not included in a tour group, don’t worry!!! I got an information from a local on how to get there.  From Pasay, head on to Genesis bus terminal and take a bus bound to Mariveles. The fare is about 290Php. Tell them to drop you off at the Mariveles bus terminal and from there, ride a tricycle going to Port Aplaya. Regardless of the number of passengers the fare is 75Php. At the port, boat rental cost 3500Php for 10 pax. Additional 500Php for every additional passenger. (Unfortunately, I forgot to ask if it’s only one-way or two-way ride). The entrance fee is 300Php.

Island Hopping

This is it! I felt more excited. Who wouldn’t be, right? First stop was the Talain Cove. Locals call it “ICEBERG”WOW was the first word that came out from my mouth when I saw the natural rock formation. It was formed because of the strong waves as per our boat driver who was a local. Indeed, nature is the best architect. 


Second stop was at Nagbintana Cove, we spent a few minutes in this cove and just take some photos.



Hawla Bat Cave was our third stop. There were some bats flying but not that many (maybe they are still sleeping LOL). The water was so inviting, without hesitation I swam. There were plenty of jellyfish but don’t worry they're stingless. One more thing, you can open your eyes while swimming, didn't hurt my eyes at all.


How about a 40 feet cliff diving? Well, you can do this at Tinanlakan cove. It does not scare me when I look at it but when I was at the top, my knees suddenly grew weak (LOL). It took time to do my first jump. Every time I look down, the bravery in me disappears. I attempted to jump a couple of times until I decided to finally jump. Yahoo!!! I did it. I tried it again but I had a bad fall on my second jump, it seems I was paddled on my butt (LOL). Third time’s the charm, (Yes, I did it thrice), I was so proud since I did it the right way. This was definitely the best part of the tour.


























Laki Beach

After our Island Hopping, we headed to Laki Beach where we stayed for a night, it was around 45 mins travel from Tinanlakan Cove. From afar, I can see that the water near the island was clear and the long range of white sand was lined with coconut trees. We arrived around 12:30 noontime and immediately had our lunch since we were all hungry. We set up our tents right after eating and I felt like I was a pro-traveler (LOL). The heat of the sun was extreme so I decided to order a Halo-halo which cost 40Php but better bring your own food like coffee and chips because it’s expensive if you buy it there. While eating, I had the chance to scan the area. I noticed that there were numerous wanderers in the beach and it seemed we're all equal since there were no luxurious cottages and the only option to dwell was a tent. There were 3 small stores and only 2 comfort rooms (He and She) for all (correct me if I’m wrong), it's scared me since the queue was long all the time (LOL). I had to control my appetite to avoid upsetting my stomach. They should add more comfort-rooms to avoid long queues. We spent the rest of the afternoon under the trees getting to know each other. We were all joiners which means we didn’t know each other.

At around 5:30pm, I went on the edge left side of the Island with my camera and tripod to catch the perfect sunset view. It was extremely great.




After shooting, I went back to our campsites. We had our own little bonfire while having dinner (first hosted meal). They started drinking (I didn’t drink) and I snuck out to shoot at the side of the beach hoping to get some better photos. Guess what?  There were still tourists coming even at night. There were also few people swimming at night.




When I got back, the group was still having a merry time drinking. Since I did not want to drink, I immediately went back to my tent and pretended to sleep. I could hear them in my tent and I could not stop laughing at the hilarious jokes they were throwing at each other. I fell asleep listening to their kwentuhans.

I woke up early the next day and immediately headed to the shore. There were already few people walking and swimming at the beach. The walk felt so nice, with the breeze brushing off my skin. We had our breakfast and swam in the beach after. The water was cool and clear, I can even see my own shadow underneath the sea.

We left the island after lunch. Going back to the port scared me a bit because there were big waves on some parts of the ocean. We passed by at the Bia-an cove, spent few minutes and went back to the port since we were all tired and wanted to rest.

Overall, it was a great tour. Thanks to TRAVELMAZING TRAVEL AND TOURS. Click this link to check their page https://web.facebook.com/VeltrAmazingTravelAndTours/. They offer varieties of affordable tour packages and very responsive to queries.  The driver was good and careful.  Thanks also to my co-joiners, it was nice meeting yah all. Looking forward on our next travel. To be fair, I have no regrets going to the island but I didn't feel the want to revisit the island again.



Travel Tips

-Bring powerbanks and flashlight since electricity availability is from 6:00pm – 3:00am
-Travel early to enjoy coves adventure.
-Sunblock for skin protection.
-There are several spots for cliff diving, for those who want it.
-Bring enough food and water.
-You can bring hammock-there are trees where to hang it.
-Lack of toilet, better control your appetite, the line is long. 


For more pictures, follow me on my facebook page https://web.facebook.com/r2k89/
Twitter and IG - @r2k_13





















1 comment:

Laki Beach + Five Fingers

Bataan’s Laki Beach + Five Fingers About the Cove The cove is situated in Mariveles Bataan. It is known for its long-range white s...